Very nice, I like the execution as well. These puzzles are over my head right now, I will come back, want to finish them without using hints. Seems tough though. Actually found this through your comment on Freesound.org x)
Mouse. Mouse wheel (optional) for convenience on some puzzles.
A puzzle game, lateral-thinking.
Its riddles may drive you to drinking.
The keys to all locks
Are "outside the box",
She says, while suspiciously winking.
I know getting stuck makes you wince
So that's why I made in-game hints.
Spoilered and stuck
Both mightily suck
So that's what this (likely) prevents.
No violence, the peril of being trapped in a cave (but not a tight, enclosed cave), no nudity, no sexual content, no drug or alcohol use, no jumpscares, 2 occurrences of profanity, both grawlixed (e.g. "Holy $#?@!"), mild references to Buddhism and John Denver.
- Won't load on some mobile devices, but there's no touchscreen support anyway.
- Text scales poorly when embedded/windowed. Workaround: fullscreen.
You can view, download, and use all Compass Rose's assets for free! Here are the links:
Here are all the art assets used in Compass Rose. The source material I used/remixed is:
- Cave walls: Buch
- Cave floor: Daniel Cook's 2d Circle Graphic Archive, Jetrel's mockups resized 32x32, Bertram's improvements, and Zabin's modification and additions
- Grass: Pavel Catalin of MrCraft Animation
- Compass rose: prushik
- Main Font: Mania, recreated by SpeedySpikes as a remake of the font used in the Sonic Mania leaderboards
- South Puzzle Font: Modern Sans Serif 7 by Style Seven
- Logo Font: 04b_25 by Yuji Oshimoto
- Ending song: "Take Me Home, Compass Rose" by Pace Smith
- *boom* door slam by contramundum (and my edited version)
- *footsteps* soupani_nohama_po_zasnezene_silnici.wav by 13FPanska_Kamm_Oliver
- *clink* Ding 4 by Adam_N
- *grinding stone* Stone,Block,Drag,Wood,Grind.wav by Mediaman57
- late title card Cold Cave A.mp3 by DJmastah
- *wind whistling* Spooky Wind #2 by kangaroovindaloo
- *falling*, *crash* death.wav by Tissman
- *squelch*, *slurp*, *slosh* Water Gloops & Glops.wav by joe_anderson22
- *click* Mouse Click.wav by Agaxly
- *tap tap* two large cobblestone blocks by jobel0092
- teleport teleport by Leszek_Szary
- Rose text 8-Bit Text Blip - Low Pitch by SomeGuy22
- Rose text rising 8-Bit Text Blip - Medium Pitch by SomeGuy22
- *whoosh* Double Whoosh by qubodup
- *buzz* accessdenied.wav by ironcross32
- *ding* Airplane/Elevator Ding.wav by Chilljeremy
- *___-pitched beep* tone beep.wav by pan14
Thanks for generously sharing your work!
- Compass Rose released!Apr 06, 2019
- v0.9 - new introMar 14, 2019
- v0.8 released! Final puzzle + in-game hint systemFeb 17, 2019
- Surprise! v0.6.1 released!Dec 20, 2018
- v0.6 complete! ...but not released. Here's what you're missing!Dec 17, 2018
- Major rewrite of the third puzzleDec 07, 2018
- v0.5.2 two bugfixesDec 01, 2018
- The third puzzle is ready!Dec 01, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.